A 501(c)(3) organization, Public Interest Advocacy Collaborative is dedicated to using the law to promote the public good by pairing experienced attorneys with up-and-coming legal minds.
Pursuing the public good has taken us multiple paths, and we continue to expand our efforts into various topic areas and methodologies. The following are included in the paths PIAC has already traveled in this pursuit:
- MCLE programming targeting education of the legal community on a number of public interest needs and approaches to addressing them.
- Drafting and filing amicus briefs on selected impactful cases.
- Coordinating with other non-profits to meet their legal and writing needs.
- Advocating for solutions to local issues to community groups and government.
Regardless of the directions the public good takes our organization, two goals will always be central to our mission:
- Using the law to improve our community
- Helping the next generation of attorneys to develop skills and a commitment to public interest law.
View our IRS 501(c)(3) approval here.